Saturday, March 5, 2011

In My Mailbox #1

In My Mailbox is a weekly meme hosted by Kristi at The Story Siren. It's an awesome way to share what new books you got during the past week. This is my first IMM post.

So because I'm still super new to blogging, and this is my first time taking part in IMM all three of the books I got this week I bought and paid for myself.

The first two I bought for myself for review.

1. The Hunchback Assignments by Arthur Slade
2. Behemoth by Scott Westerfeld

I've been looking forward to reading both of these books for sometime now. The Hunchback Assignments is the first in a trilogy. The third book in the series (Empire of Ruins) was just released in by Harper Collins in Canada on Feb 18th and is due out in the U.S in September. I'm really looking forward to reading and reviewing this series. 

Behemoth is the second book in Westerfeld's Leviathan Trilogy (check out my review of book one, Leviathan, here). The final book in the series, Goliath, is supposed to be released in October 2011 I believe. Westerfeld just released the first piece of art from Goliath on his website this past week. It was pretty cool. He 'partially' released 3 images and let fans vote to chose which of the three would be completely revealed. Check it out.The one I chose didn't win, but it was still really cool and the art looks awesome.

The third book I bought this week wasn't for me and it has nothing to do with the GUYde. I actually bought it for my daughter and it is super cute so I thought I would share.




That's it for this week. Thanks for checking out my first installment of In My Mailbox.


6 comments:

  1. Behemoth was so good! I liked it better than Leviathan.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'm a new follower also! Great IMM! Haven't read any of them but I have a few!
    Check out my blog and follow along as well!
    Thanks.
    Blake (The Book Bell)
    http://thebookbell.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  3. Great book haul this week. :D Behemoth by Scott Westerfeld looks great.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Fab reads! I really want to read Leviathan and Behemoth.
    New follower.
    My IMM

    ReplyDelete
  5. I loved Behemoth, but the ending left me dying to read the third. The artwork is so amazing, I'd love to have the print of the map for my office.

    ReplyDelete